Andreas Gustafsson's Blog

Monday, June 27, 2005

Chip8 emulator

As usual I have a really hard time finishing projects. Things have progressed nicely with the SameGame rewrite, and it's almost release-worthy, but I just can't seem to fix those last little details.

Instead I have been working hard on a new project, a CHIP8 emulator in J2ME which I have dubbed MobiChip8. Working from a couple of different C-sources and some documentation I found online, it was quite easy to get it up and running. It will be MIDP2.0 only though, as I need to use drawRGB() to draw the framebuffer. I tried doing a MIDP1.0 version by using a whole lot of fillRect() but it was too slow even on my Nokia 6630 (which is a very fast phone).

And finally San Antonio won the NBA championship, which was the lesser of two evils I must say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home